good english

to read makes our speaking English good.

Sugar Snaps and Strawberries: Simple Solutions for Creating Your Own Small-Space Edible Garden - Andrea Bellamy, Jackie Connelly Sugar Snaps and Strawberries was initially a library loan on my Kindle, but I liked it so much that I bought a hard copy; it's the sort of book that works better on paper than as an ebook, anyway.

This is really a beginner's guide: Bellamy lays out the basics of small-space gardening clearly, in a step-by-step linear fashion that lends itself well to a straight-through reading. There are useful charts, gardening "recipes," and pretty photos throughout the book. It's like having a gardening website laid out nicely in book format.

I don't know if advanced gardeners would need the info contained in Sugar Snaps and Strawberries, but it's a great find for a noob to the world of edible gardening, and fits nicely into my little gardening shelf -- I find the tone similar to Gayla Trail's books, which is probably part of the reason I like it so much.

Wendy Moore
Homeward Bound: Why Women are Embracing the New Domesticity
Emily Matchar
Help Thanks Wow: Three Essential Prayers
Anne Lamott
The Machinery of Life
David S. Goodsell
The Haunting of Hill House (Stephen King Horror Library)
Shirley Jackson