good english

to read makes our speaking English good.
The Book Thief - Trudy White, Markus Zusak Wow, I loved The Book Thief. LOVED. It's YA, apparently, which I didn't remember until I reread the back cover.

I also didn't remember that there were Nazis involved until I hit the first mention of WWII. Had I remembered that, I might not have picked it up so soon after my last bout of sadface books. This one was worth the sadface though.

There is much emo to be had within these pages, but Markus Zusak balances it with spots of bright and incredibly easy-to-love characters and bits of kindness here and there. It's bittersweet.

I don't want to give anything away. It's just . . . great. It's a beautifully written book. A lot of times books that are written ~~beautifully~~ seem like the author tried too hard to use preciousness to make the book seem different, but the words in "The Book Thief" just fall into place.

Maybe I will change my mind and find something wrong with it upon rereading it, maybe I was just overwhelmed by the writing style, but for now, love.

Wendy Moore
Homeward Bound: Why Women are Embracing the New Domesticity
Emily Matchar
Help Thanks Wow: Three Essential Prayers
Anne Lamott
The Machinery of Life
David S. Goodsell
The Haunting of Hill House (Stephen King Horror Library)
Shirley Jackson